Since 1995 the law in the UK stated all new private vehicles sold will be fitted with an immobiliser system, this was introduced earlier by some manufactures and was also introduced on commercial vehicles later.
At Remote Key Ltd we only replace and repair the manufactures original fitted equipment immobiliser and alarm systems.
The immobiliser is a system for preventing the vehicle from being started without the correct key.
The only way to steal modern vehicles is by obtaining the keys, PUT YOUR KEYS AWAY IN A SAFE PLACE
The immobiliser usually works with an alarm system but the two are separate systems, 50% of modern vehicles do NOT have an alarm system, just the immobiliser.
“My car won’t start, is it the immobiliser?”. This is the most common question we get asked, the immobilisers on modern vehicles are usually very reliable, the reason for the vehicle not starting is due to a problem other than the immobiliser, start with the basics check the vehicles battery by turning on your lights, then check all the fuses.
Very often at Remote key Ltd we get asked “I have lost my keys. Is there any easy way to override my immobiliser system?”. The simple answer is NO. There would be no point in having an immobiliser if it was easy to disable, even if we do know we would not tell anyone.
Each manufacture uses their own systems so each system works in a different way, some can be overridden by a pin code, most new systems are built into the vehicle and cannot be removed.
“I have purchased a key or remote key fob from the internet, the seller sent some instructions but it does not work?” At Remote key Ltd we spend £1000s on equipment to programme keys and remote key fobs. If you purchase second hand keys and remote key fobs, some may work, many do not.
At Remote Key Ltd we only sell and fit the keys and remote key fobs listed on the web site. If it is not listed then we do not sell them.
We aim to be much cheaper than the dealer. If we do not list the item you require it is probably because we cannot get it any cheaper than you can from the dealership.
We CAN copy keys and some transponder chipped keys.
We CANNOT copy your existing remote key fob. Each key fob must have a different code for the system to work.
All modern key fobs have an anti copying system for extra security. We CANNOT supply a new remote key fob by copying your old one.
We only repair and replace the original manufactures fitted parts.
- ECU – Electronic control unit, the box which controls the alarm, immobiliser and usually the central locking fitted to your vehicle, the immobiliser ECU is a separate unit under the dashboard.
- EKA – Emergency key access, this number has no connection to the remote key fob.
- MHZ – megahertz (frequency number).
- ARMED – this is when you have locked your vehicle with the key fob, the alarm system is active and the immobiliser is on.
- DISARMED – this is when you have unlocked your vehicle with the key fob, the alarm system is not active and the immobiliser is off.
Does you key fob not operate very far from your vehicle?
This can be caused by many factors. As we use more wireless electronic products, the radio waves interfere with each other and this is the most common problem when your remote key fob loses its range from your vehicle.
Known problems are also poorly fitted receivers on the very early Rovers 1993 -1995 and Land Rover Discovery 1995. It is common to be right next to your vehicle before the remote key fob will work.
Range Rover P38 has major problems with early receivers, new ones are only available from Land Rover
Vehicles exported and imported, depending on which country they come from work, on different frequencies.
|FRANCE pre 1995 now 433mhz Europe||REST OF THE WORLD including ITALY, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, US, CANADA||UK-IRELAND Now changed to Europe 433.9mhz after 1995||EUROPE (not Italy)|
Remote Key Ltd will only supply in the UK
We CANNOT copy your existing key fob. Each key fob must have a different code for the system to work.
All key fobs have an anti copying system for extra security. We CANNOT supply a new key fob by copying your old one.
We do not supply insurance certificates for immobiliser systems.
Remember !!look after your keys and get a spare set!!
take a look at http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/cti2003.htm for more info on vehicle security and vehicle theft from the Government.
- We only sell to the UK/Northern Ireland, Click HERE for Remote Key worldwide
- Pay online with credit/debit card or Paypal our payment system is 100% secure guaranteed or call 07565 505 572 to place an order over the phone, postal orders accepted, sorry No cheques.
- All our products are covered by a 12 Month written Guarantee and a 14 day money back guarantee
- You will receive a full VAT receipt
- You will get a help line phone number and email for customer support
- Send all parts, keys and control box’s (ECU’s) to Remote Key Ltd 3 Nea Close Christchurch BH23 4QQ, include your details with your item.
- For full terms and conditions