Vehicles fitted with the Lucas 3TXA, Lucas 3TXB, Lucas 17TN remote key fob (this number is on the back of the key fob).
Rover or Honda petrol engines, Peugeot or Rover Diesel engines.
Has your key fob stopped working?
If your key fob has just stopped working try this:
- Unlock your vehicle with the key in the drivers door lock, do not open the door.
- Press the right hand button lock button (the button with the padlock symbol or the dimpled button) on the key fob 4 to 8 times.
If the above fails try this:
- Open the key fob
- Remove the battery
- Press any button 10 ten times, and the same with the other button
- Refit the battery or a new battery
- Unlock the vehicle with the key in the drivers door lock, do not open the door
- Press the right hand button lock button (the button with the padlock symbol or the dimpled button) on the key fob 4 to 8 times
The MGF MGTF Immobiliser system is very reliable, the ECU control rarely fails, if your vehicle will not start it is probably due to the remote key fob. You may have to perform the above sequence if your vehicles battery has gone flat or it is disconnected. If all the above fails you have the EKA code.
The MGF MGTF remote key fob uses a rolling code system. When you press the key fob, the code changes every time, and the alarm box in your vehicle also changes its code to match with the key fob. This is a great antitheft system but sometimes the key fob and alarm box codes do not match and the system will not operate.
The most common cause for this is pressing the buttons on the key fob away from the vehicle, the key fob code moves on but the alarm box on the vehicle does not, so the two codes do not match. The key fobs and the ECU control box receiver on your vehicle have a clock, this clock also moves the code even if the key fob is not used.
- ECU – Electronic control unit, the box which controls the alarm, immobiliser and usually the central locking fitted to your vehicle, the immobiliser ECU is a separate unit under the dashboard.
- EKA – Emergency key access, this number has no connection to the remote key fob.
- MHZ – megahertz (frequency number).
- ARMED – this is when you have locked your vehicle with the key fob, the alarm system is active and the immobiliser is on.
- DISARMED – this is when you have unlocked your vehicle with the key fob, the alarm system is not active and the immobiliser is off.
The image on the right is the inside of the key fob, the most common problem when the key fob fails is the component circled. Very carefully check to see if the 2 wire legs are attached to the component and the circuit board.
Programming Lucas Key Fobs
Programming Lucas key fobs can be done only with our programmer or computer diagnostics
The MGF MGTF immobiliser system can have up to 4 key fobs programmed.
At Remote key Ltd if a new alarm ECU control box or a new engine management ECU control box is required, they will need programming together before your vehicle will start.
Does you key fob not operate very far from your vehicle?
This can be caused by many factors. As we use more wireless electronic products, the radio waves interfere with each other and this is the most common problem when your remote key fob loses its range from your vehicle.
Your MGF MGTF relies on the remote key fob to start, get a spare. The remote key fobs get a hard life, they get dropped, damp, wet, hot, cold, we sit on them, when the remote will not operate, the problem will be probably be the remote key fob.
- Pay online with credit/debit card or Paypal our payment system is 100% secure guaranteed, postal orders accepted, sorry No cheques.
- All our products are covered by a 12 Month written Guarantee and a 14 day money back guarantee
- You will receive a full VAT receipt
- You will get a help line phone number and email for customer support
- Send all parts, keys and control box’s (ECU’s) to Remote Key Ltd 3 Nea Close Christchurch BH23 4QQ, include your details with your item.
- For full terms and conditions
MGF MGTF remote key fobs are sometimes reffered to as MGF MGTF plips, MGF MGTF zappers, MGF MGTF remotes, MGF MGTF immobiliser, MGF MGTF immobiliser repair, MGF MGTF immobiliser key ,MGF MGTF key, MGF MGTF replacement key, MGF MGTF remote zapper, MGF MGTF immobiliser problems, MGF MGTF immobiliser reset, MGF MGTF immobiliser bypass, MGF MGTF immobiliser code, MGF MGTF immobiliser removal, MGF MGTF immobiliser disable, MGF MGTF not starting, MGF MGTF red immobiliser light flashing, MGF MGTF immobiliser fault, MGF MGTF broken key, MGF MGTF faulty key, MGF MGTF key reapir or remote zappers.
All of these common phrases can be used to describe a MGF MGTF remote key fob.