These FAQs apply to vehicles fitted with the Lucas 3TXA 3TXB 17TN remote key fob (this number is on the back of the key fob). Such vehicles include:
- Rover 400
- Rover 414i
- Rover 414Si
- Rover 416i
- Rover 416GTi
- Rover 416TD
- Rover 416Sli
- Rover 418TD
- Rover 418SLD
- Rover 418GSD
- Rover 420TD
- Rover 420GSi
- Rover 420GSi Turbo
- Rover 420 Sport
- Rover 400 Tourer
- Rover 400 special editions
- All Rover or Honda engines
The Rover remote key fob uses a rolling code system. When you press the key fob, the code changes every time, and the alarm box in your vehicle also changes its code to match with the key fob. This is a great antitheft system but sometimes the key fob and alarm box codes do not match and the system will not operate.
The most common cause for this is pressing the buttons on the key fob away from the vehicle, the key fob code moves on but the alarm box on the vehicle does not, so the two codes do not match. The key fobs and the ECU control box receiver on your vehicle have a clock, this clock also moves the code even if the key fob is not used.
- ECU – Electronic control unit, the box which controls the alarm, immobiliser and usually the central locking fitted to your vehicle, the immobiliser ECU is a separate unit under the dashboard.
- EKA – Emergency key access, this number has no connection to the remote key fob.
- MHZ – megahertz (frequency number).
- ARMED – this is when you have locked your vehicle with the key fob, the alarm system is active and the immobiliser is on.
- DISARMED – this is when you have unlocked your vehicle with the key fob, the alarm system is not active and the immobiliser is off.
The image on the right is the inside of the key fob, the most common problem when the key fob fails is the component circled. Very carefully check to see if the 2 wire legs are attached to the component and the circuit board.
Programming Lucas Key Fobs
Programming Lucas key fobs can be done only with our programmer or computer diagnostics
The Rover 400 immobiliser system can have up to 4 key fobs programmed.
At Remote key Ltd if a new alarm ECU control box or a new engine management ECU control box is required, they will need programming together before your vehicle will start. At Remote key Ltd we can carry out all the programming required, all this can be done on or off the vehicle.
Does you key fob not operate very far from your vehicle?
This can be caused by many factors. As we use more wireless electronic products, the radio waves interfere with each other and this is the most common problem when your remote key fob loses its range from your vehicle.
Your Rover 400 relies on the remote key fob to start, get a spare. The remote key fobs get a hard life, they get dropped, damp, wet, hot, cold, we sit on them, when the remote will not operate, the problem will probably be the remote key fob.
Rover 400 remote key fobs are sometimes reffered to as Rover 400 plips, Rover 400 zappers, Rover 400 remotes, Rover 400 immobiliser, Rover 400 immobiliser repair, Rover 400 immobiliser key ,Rover 400 key, Rover 400 replacement key, Rover 400 remote zapper, Rover 400 immobiliser problems, Rover 400 immobiliser reset, Rover 400 immobiliser bypass, Rover 400 immobiliser code, Rover 400 immobiliser removal, Rover 400 immobiliser disable, Rover 400 not starting, Rover 400 red immobiliser light flashing, Rover 400 immobiliser fault, Rover 400 broken key, Rover 400 faulty key, Rover 400 key reapir or remote zappers.
All of these common phrases can be used to describe a Rover 400 remote key fob.
- All our products are covered by a 12 Month written Guarantee and a 14 day money back guarantee
- You will receive a full VAT receipt
- You will get a help line phone number and email for customer support
- Send all parts, keys and control box’s (ECU’s) to Remote Key Ltd 3 Nea Close Christchurch BH23 4QQ, include your details with your item.
- For full terms and conditions